Chen Wei-HorngSystems Development Center (Skybow programme)
· Assessing the new capabilities of the TK air defence system
· How upgrade requirements are identified for the TK missile system
· What are the advantages of a three-tiered surface-to-air missile defence system?
· Building flexibility into the TK defence system to face future threat
Concluding the conference Technology Session, this panel discussion will bring together the key themes and invite participants to debate the following key areas:
· How can air defence systems be designed for compatibility with other weapon systems?
· Can Directed Energy systems be effectively employed in the Long Range Air Defence space?
· How can weapon systems be designed against unknown future aerial threat?
· Should the VSHORAD range be weaponised? Is there another way?
Dr Dong-Jung Keum, R&D Project Manager of Counter UAV, Agency for Defence Development, Republic of Korea
Air Chief Marshal Surasak Meemanee (Retired), Programme Director, Defence Technology Institute
Technical Programme Manager, Tien Kung Air Defense Weapon System Programme, National Chung-Shan Institute of Science and Technology (Subject to final confirmation)