Dr Jeong Tae Kim
Principal Researcher, 1st Ground Weapon Systems PM Office
Agency for Defence Development, Republic of Korea
· Understanding how LSS aerial targets are deployed against existing aerial defences in the Republic of Korea
· Current Republic of Korea R&D efforts to counter UAS (Unmanned Aerial Systems)
· The potential of high power laser weapon technology to counter LSS aerial targets
· Developing a C-UAS specific warhead for deployment against LSS Aerial Targets
Concluding the conference Technology Session, this panel discussion will bring together the key themes and invite participants to debate the following key areas:
· How can air defence systems be designed for compatibility with other weapon systems?
· Can Directed Energy systems be effectively employed in the Long Range Air Defence space?
· How can weapon systems be designed against unknown future aerial threat?
· Should the VSHORAD range be weaponised? Is there another way?
Dr Dong-Jung Keum, R&D Project Manager of Counter UAV, Agency for Defence Development, Republic of Korea
Air Chief Marshal Surasak Meemanee (Retired), Programme Director, Defence Technology Institute
Technical Programme Manager, Tien Kung Air Defense Weapon System Programme, National Chung-Shan Institute of Science and Technology (Subject to final confirmation)